Look Up Lodge – Day 1


Despite how little I slept I was up bright and early Wensday morning. Since Mom and Dad were counselors we were requested to arrive on sight early, which meant 12:00 o’clock. (The other campers were not supposed to arrive until like 2:15.) Since the drive is about 30 mins. we arrived according to the schedule.

We had Room 8 this year, which I believe is the same room I had in 2011. We unpacked, walked around, received our bands (Which tell you what team you are on. We were on the black team.), and tidied up our room. Then the girls, that would become known as the Room 8 Roommates, began to arrive.Ansa Unpacking

Ansa Unpacking

Ansa in Front of Room 8

Ansa in Front of Room 8

We spent about two hours at the ball courts, at least everyone but us. The Room 8 Roommates were very hot so we went back to our room and hung out there. When everyone else returned we split up into our different colors groups. I took a photo of the Room 8 Roommates (I accidentally forgot about Ally D., so she is not in that photo.) and then a one of the Black Team.

Ansa Reading the L.U.L Map

Ansa Reading the L.U.L Map

Black Team

Black Team

Room 8 Roomates

  Room 8 Roomates

The Black team went to a semi hidden room and played Ghost in the Graveyard. (One person is picked to be the ghost while everyone else lays on the ground. The ghost goes around and tries to make you laugh. If you laugh you become a ghost. Ghosts can not touch the other people.) I smiled a lot in the 1st round but by round two I had it down. Near the end of round two there was a large group of ghosts trying to make me laugh. How did I do it? 1: Thought of things that make me sad. 2: Was determined not to become a ghost for I am not funny. 3: Thought of why what they did was not funny, even if what I came up with was not true. 4: Thought of it as practicing my acting skills.

We went back to the ball courts for about 30 mins. and I spent the time playing Gaga Ball. That time quickly passed and before I knew it I found myself in line for dinner. After we ate we returned to our cabins, gathered our stuff to bring to Chapel, took the nature trail to Chapel, attended Chapel, came back, did after Chapel devotions, went to the canteen, returned to our cabins, and went to bed. I fell asleep around 2:30.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s