Sunday – October 5th, 2014
I have been experiencing mixed feelings about my upcoming birthday: sad that my childhood is drawing to a close, excited to become a teenager, scared about what the future holds, etc. On Friday I am having a party, my first party for that matter. I have grown up celebrating birthdays with my family and having cake with the neighbors so this will be a new experience for me. All in all, I am excited to see what this week will bring.
Monday – October 6th, 2014
After co-op Mom and I went shopping for birthday supplies at Target. We knocked out a lot of items, including those for gift bags, dinner, and the spa. I am thrilled by how cute the gift bags turned out. I can’t wait to give them to my guests!
Tuesday – October 7th, 2014
I did some homework today, but it was not a torturous experience since my reward shall be a party at the end of the week (!).
Wednesday – October 8th, 2014
I’m thirteen! I don’t feel very different. Twelve is out of the picture, but it is going to take a while to get used to telling people I’m thirteen. Here is a list of my birthday presents:
- Black Currant Chocolate Bar
- Sour Patch Kids
- Ice Breakers – Sour
- Ice Breakers – Ice Cubes
- Trident – Layers – Grape Lemonade
- Swedish Fish
- Gummy Worms
- Kit Kat
- Tootsie Rolls
- 3 Balls of Blue Yarn
- 2 Balls of Pink and Yellow Yarn
- 2 Balls of Light Brown and Dark Brown Yarn
- Fashion Angels – Fashion Design Sketch Portfolio
- Tom’s Flats
- Checkered Tights
- Skinny Jeans
- 4 Pairs of Socks
- 2 Infinity Scarves
- Book 2 – Pandora gets Vain
- $14.00 (from Grandma)
- $5.00 Starbuck’s Gift Card (from Mrs. Sara Lapage)
Thursday – October 9th, 2014
I did lots of school before going shopping with Mom. We bought some Ankle Boots and exchanged the checkered tights and Tom’s flats. We ended getting more than planned. 😅
Friday – October 10th, 2014
- I slept in, wrote a paper for IEW (the Institute for Excellence in Writing), and then cleaned for my party.
- Julia and Ellie arrived early so we went to my room and watched trailers I made in iMovie.
- As the other guests arrived we went outside and played 4 Square.
- When the bugs became annoying we went in and talked for about 20 minutes.
- We began the craft which was a sketch book/journal/whatever.
- Dinner arrived 30 minutes late, thanks to traffic. Just as we were finishing Hannah arrived.
- We finished the craft but ended up spending a little too much time on it, causing us to start the spa later than planned.
- The spa was lots of fun. When washing her face mask off, Ellie created the funniest moment of the night when she fell into the bathtub.
- After the spa, we played the Newly Buds Game (the kid version of the Newlyweds Game).
- Hannah was picked up during the game and Priscilla soon after.
- Julia, Abbie, Ellie, and I changed into our PJs and then tried to get to sleep (we really did, Dad).
- We stayed up until about 3:00 a.m. singing songs from Disney’s Frozen.
- Everyone but I was asleep by 5:00 a.m.
Saturday – October 11th, 2014
- We woke at about 8:00 a.m.
- Mom made us a delicious Crepe breakfast.
- We played Truth or Dare Balloon Bop (very fun, highly recommend).
- We walked down to the creek.
- Abbie was picked up.
- Julia, Ellie, and I had lunch.
- Julia was picked up.
- Ellie and I hung out until her parents came at about 2:00 and left at about 3:00.
To my guests: thanks again for all the thoughtful gifts! Here is a list of them below:
- $25 Kohl’s Gift Card and Change Purse (from Hannah)
- A Scrapbook, Scrapbook Paper, Scrapbook Stickers, Washi Tape, Sticky Notes, and Pandora Bracelet (from Priscilla)
- $15 Target Gift Card (from Abbie)
- A Sketchbook and Markers (from Julia)
- 2 Cross Stitch Projects and a pack of 24 Embroidery Threads (from Ellie)
I had a blast and hope my parents will allow me to have another party next year.